Draft Statement of intent

 Draft Statement of Intent:


How do you intend to use the four areas of the media theoretical framework to communicate meaning and meet the requirements of your chosen brief? (approx. 400 words)


Music video:

The basic concept for my video, which is about the song “This Is America” by Childish Gambino is to film and document The Racism, police brutality and violence, especially against Black people. I will try to spread a message with my video that shows how bad it can really get in America. This fits perfectly into the genre that the exam board has given us this year, which is “Protest songs.” A protest song is a song that is associated with a movement for social change and hence part of the broader category of topical songs. It may be folk, classical, or commercial in the genre. This is America fits in there perfectly since it is all about standing up against Americas Race and gun violence. This concept, combined with cool costumes, quick editing and an interesting storyline will attract my preferred and targeted audience well. My audience consists of The “Leading edge” and “Mainstream” Tribe. The production company of “This Is America” is RCA, a label owned by Sony. My concept fits into Sonys core values since they are known for their active involvement in helping the BLM movement on social media. The performers and actors that I will use in my music video, will be from many different races. The main figure will be a young black man tough, that lip syncs to these conflicts happening in the background (Gun violence, Racism...) My actors suit the audience, record label and the genre since they will be acting relatable and realistic. Throughout my whole music video, I will be using a lot of meaningful mise en scene. Some probs might include; Guns, Fake blood and chains and jewellery. The costumes will be appropriate and different for every character. I will have one White Supremacist Police officer (Villian) with a police hat. I will have a black boy being abused by the Villain, wearing a bit cheaper clothes show that he’s the victim. Another mise en scene aspect that I will consider is the set and background. I am planning to film the video in some abstract places such as old rooms, a Forrest, big empty spaces if possible. I will edit my music video as rapidly as possible. I want to have loads of jump cuts, different angles and different scenes to work with. This will be entertaining the audience since it doesn’t really seem to get boring with so much going on. I might put some special effects such as gunshots and blood splatters around the video. I will also be using Softboxes for the perfect lighting within most scenes. The main message of my video is to show and protest against Gun and Police violence, especially against people of colour in the united states of America.


I will make my website, based on my music video. I will make my website as professional as possible, by using a lot of media terms and language throughout it. I will design my website, to suit the song “This is America” Having cool and soothing designs around my website will make it way more readable and entertaining for the audience. My website will have several pages including a homepage a photo gallery page and behind the scenes page. I will also have several social media accounts linked to my page. This means that I will have an Instagram account that I can use to get attention to my website.

My website will also have a feedback option so that the audience can directly fill out a form on what they liked about my music video and what they didn't like. Another option for the audience to communicate with me and the production team is through social media accounts such as Instagram. Keeping in close contact with the audience is vital for any artist to grow. My artist could therefore make live Q&A sessions on Instagram with his fans. This will then make him grow in popularity and number of followers, which directly correlates to the views on my video going up. 


How do you intend to link your media products to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of the digitally convergent nature of your media production? (approx. 100 words)


Synergy and especially branding is very important in the media industry. It gives the whole project a home. I will therefore make some logos and brand phrases to represent the “Phelansfilm” Company. I will then use these Logos and trademarks all around both my website and music video, in order to show everyone who made this project. I will then promote my music video all over my website and give links to access it. I will also provide links to my website in the description of my finished and uploaded a video. I will use social media to promote both the website and the video at the same time, in order to create synergy. This means that my audience can have a look at the video first and then see the story behind it on the website. This will be very entertaining and interesting for the audience.


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Webside Planning